The Banffshire Business Association (BBA) was formed to promote and advance the interests of all businesses within the Banffshire area and specifically to:
Aims & Objectives • Encourage the use of members’ products and services by residents, visitors and the larger business community.
• Encourage and develop new business opportunities in the area.
• Develop a forum for the discussion of issues of importance to members
• Raise the profile of the area as a business location.
• Improve local employment opportunities.
• Provide training and educational opportunities for members.
• Assist members to meet and exchange ideas with other like-minded people.
Resources BBA financial resources come from membership fees – currently set at £50 per annum. The annual fee is decided by the BBA committee. Additional financial support for specific “projects or events” can be secured from Aberdeenshire Council Economic Development if requested and approved in advance. Financial expenditure is agreed and decided by the BBA committee. All income and expenditure is managed by the Treasurer and financial reports are provided at monthly committee meetings.
The BBA’s main resources are its committee members, who individually and collectively, have a wealth of business acumen and experience. They ideally represent a cross section of the local business community.
The success of BBA is dependent on the commitment and availability of its committee members, who offer their time as volunteers. They welcome new ideas, suggestions and members.
The committee believe that the following sectors should be represented and would encourage members for the following business sectors to join the committee.
Professional Services – Most existing committee members
Leisure/Tourism – Need representation
Building/Trade – Need further representation
Retail – Need representation
Manufacturing – Need representation
Food Production – Need representation
Large Business – Need representation
Membership Benefits • A minimum of two seminars per annum on business related topics.
• Members encouraged to make use of each other’s services.
• Members’ products and services used by the Association when appropriate.
• Comprehensive website to promote both the area and members/products/services/information
• Members directory pages on the website
• Networking opportunities.
• Group voice for lobbying.
• Access to Business Associations throughout Aberdeenshire.
If you would like to become a member, please e-mail us at email@example.com and request a membership form.
Current Committee Chair: Jill Clark, Sparkle & Shine Housekeeping & Laundry Services
Vice Chair: Kay Beaton, Purple Creative Design
Secretary: David Duguid, DA & M Duguid Joinery Services
Treasurer: Arlene Anderson, Anderson & Co Chartered Accountants
Other Committee: Sandy & Alison Buchan, Tuleni; Diane Wood, DW Home Furnishings; Michael Ritchie, Mantell Ritchie Chartered Architects